Now I want to talk about the technological marvel known as the "Search Blog" function. If you'll look at the top of your screen, up above that rather garish red/orange border trumpeting Pyzam.com (sorry, can't do anything about it!), you'll see a soothing tan bar with a white search box, followed by the words "Search Blog," "Flag Blog" and "Next Blog." The "Search Blog" function comes in handy when you're looking for a particular entry but can't remember when it was posted. If you can recall a few key words, you can type them into the search box, click on "Search Blog" and all of the entries containing the key words you typed in will appear. Then you can simply scroll down until you find the entry you're looking for.
One alternate way of searching for a particular entry is to use the labels that appear in the sidebar. Glance to your right and you'll see a box that says, "Looking for Something?" As the content in our blog grows, the list of labels will increase. That's because every time I post an entry, I'll give it a label. For instance, when I post a recipe, you'll see a notation at the bottom of the entry that says, "Labels: Recipes."
Now, let's say a recipe for some delicious fudge was posted in December, but it's April now and you can't remember the date of the entry. Solution: Click on the word "recipes" in the sidebar and every entry with that label will appear. Again, scroll down until you find what you want.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Okay, one more thing and I'll leave you alone. Let's talk hyperlinks!
A hyperlink is a cool way to take you to another site or page. On our site, any time you scroll across a highlighted word, phrase or picture and a little hand appears, that is an indication that you can click there and you will be taken to another page or website. For instance, after I post this entry it will appear in the archives over in the sidebar, and you'll notice that if you drag the cursor over the name of the entry (Searches and Links), the little hand will appear and you can click on it. That will automatically take you back to this very post. Isn't that cool? Try clicking on the scrapbooking or quilting pictures, too, and see where they take you!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Searches and Links
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beth Moore's lessons on the Psalms of Ascent is EXCELLENT! I just finished that course over at North Davis and WOW! I learned so much about the feasts and how the Israelites went up to Jerusalem 3 times a year to observe the feasts. It was a whole new experience for me - I've never even learned about the feasts before. Before I read that we are going to have an opportunity to go through this lesson series, I was going to suggest it. Imagine my surprise to see that some very forward-looking women have already done it. Nita McF
Nita, I'm so glad you shared this comment! I was excited to learn that we would be doing this study as well, and I'm even more eager now that you've given it two thumbs up! I'm not terribly familiar with the feasts myself and anticipate gaining a lot of knowledge during the study. Thanks again for your positive words!
Post a Comment