Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Food for the Family


It's time for another installment of Food for the Family, and this time I want to share a recipe that I recently prepared for our Growth Group. I committed what some might consider the fatal mistake of serving the cake without ever having tried it before; as Audrey and Eddie Lugo acknowledged, our entire group served as "guinea pigs." Fortunately, my experiment was a success and everyone seemed to enjoy the dessert! And in searching the Internet for a picture that I might include, I found a similar recipe and discovered a way to make the cake even better! So without further ado, I give you:

CHOCOLATE HEATH CAKE

1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
1 cup Eagle brand milk
4 Heath candy bars
8 oz. Cool Whip

Bake cake according to box directions in 13x9x2 inch pan. While hot, poke holes in the top of the cake with a straw. Spread Eagle brand milk over cake. Cool and ice with Cool Whip. Sprinkle with crushed Heath bars. Keep refrigerated.

The recipe I used did not specify a straw so I used a toothpick to poke holes in my cake, but you can see that a straw would allow for even more of the condensed milk to soak into the cake, making it even moister and more delicious. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comments:

TerPen said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.