Thursday, December 4, 2008

In the Spotlight


Wow, it feels like a lifetime has passed since I last posted! Okay, so it's only been a week, but I've packed enough stuff in those seven days to feel like a lifetime! How about you? Have you all been claimed by the post-Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas hustle and bustle of shopping, cooking, and decking the halls? I have to admit, I looked forward to getting my Christmas things out this year more than usual because if you recall, we had been in our house less than a month when Christmas Day rolled around last year, and I simply couldn't face getting more stuff out when I was trying so hard to get stuff put away!

Well, I have something that will hopefully allow you to feel productive even as your shopping list grows ever longer! I am starting a new feature on the women's blog that will put a "spotlight" on a different woman in our congregation every week/month/quarter/who knows?. Now if the word "spotlight" causes you to instantly freeze up or makes you nervous, let me assure you . . . there's nothin' to it! I am hopeful that it will just be a fun way to get to know our sisters better--you might learn something new about the woman you've sat in the same pew with for ten years! And the best part is, it doesn't cost a thing, we don't have to leave our houses and we STILL feel like we've accomplished something --we've invested time in getting to know one another.

I hope you'll enjoy our first interview with . . . well, now, you'll just have to check back soon to see who is "in the spotlight!"

0 comments: